Friday, January 7, 2011

secret document!!

well not too much of a secret anymore!!
I planned to make this portrait a surprise for Emily but she surprised me by showing up unexpectedly while I was in the middle of drawing it. This portrait comes from a photograph and she didn't have to sit for it :) (saved her some backache :p)
It's charcoal on paper and took me approximately 5 hours (break in between--good night's sleep)

(couldn't really capture the glow in her face and her awesomely beautiful smile but she likes it so I am happy)

3 comments:

  1. I think you did an excellent job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Prash this is Monica and this drawing is awesome! Especially her lips and her jaw and her sweater! check out those buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the portrait. :D It looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete